We're sorry we can't meet in person, but here is a cookie you can enjoy at home:
Walnut Lace Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups chopped walnuts
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add corn syrup.
- Stir in flour and chopped nuts.
- Spoon mixture onto parchment paper and roll into a log shape. Chill dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oven on 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove dough from parchment paper and slice dough into 1/2 inch thick rounds. Place on baking sheets, about three inches apart.
- Bake 15-20 minutes. Cool before serving.